Stocking seeds for planting now, weed suppressant fabric, and fertilisers sold loose – start the growing year with everything you need.
- 1m x 10m rolls of Weed Suppressant at £7.50 per roll (1m x 10m). This has a weight of 100g per square metre which makes this strong enough to act as a good ground cover that will last for several years.
- Growmore (£1.00 per kilo) is a popular non-organic fertiliser. Apply every 4-6 weeks throughout the growing season from February to the end of October. Use as a top dressing, or as a base dressing, working it into the soil. During dry weather water before and after application.
- Bonemeal (£1.00 per kilo). Fork into the soil before planting or apply under roots when planting out.
- Fish, Blood and Bone (£1.00 per kilo). Apply as a top dressing to the soil surface and fork in well.
- Seaweed Meal (£2.00 per kilo). Sprinkle onto you beds before planting or when plants need a boost. Add a few handfuls to your compost heap to add minerals and boost microorganisms. You can also add a handful to potting soil before planting seeds or when potting on.
- Chicken Manure Pellets (£1.00 per kilo or £6.00 for an 8 kilo bucket). Apply in Spring as a base fertiliser when preparing your beds for planting. Apply an additional feed 3-4 weeks after planting.
- Onion Fertiliser (£1.50 per kilo). Apply to your onions 3 weeks after planting and then continue with applications every 3-4 weeks.
- Lime (£0.50 per kilo). Apply 4-6 weeks in Spring before planting brassicas.
- Enviromesh. This is sold by the metre (£4.00 per metre, 3.6 m